Friday, September 14, 2012

Blog Chapter 1


Blog activity 2 page 12 " how do you see yourself"
Rate yourself 1-10  with how strongly you agree1 is total disagreement and 10 total agreement. Identify the three areas to which you gave the highest ratings. What are you particularly proud of in these areas. Now look at the low ratings. Is it possible you are over critical of yourself?

The three areas that I had the highest ratings in were

5. I have  a good sense of humor. 
7. I am competent on the job.
11. I am a moral person

I believe that I am proud of all of them. I am very proud to have a such a great sense of humor because laughter provides the most amazing feeling. I am very proud to be competent on the job because it means I am a hard worker, a team player, and person who genuinely cares about the mission that the workplace sets. I am very proud to know that I am a moral person. I make mistakes just like everyone else, but I know underneath it all I am a good person. 


Yes, I believe that I am overcritical of myself. The truth is that I would rather be overcritical than no where near to being critical of myself any day of the week. I think there are areas I need to work on, and I don't think there is anything wrong in realizing what those areas are and improving them. On a bad day, being overcritical really is difficult to deal with. My mother always tells me that I beat myself up to much about things, that I am too hard on myself, and that I put too much pressure on myself to be perfect. I think I am better than I was when I was younger, but I also think retraining the brain to think and perceive things differently takes time. Perhaps it will take a lifetime for me, but I know that I am going in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment